Morphfolia is a CMS and web application framework (for the typical Microsoft ASP.NET stack), designed to work in a hosted environment.
It's been in development for the last 4 years, and is now available on CodePlex.
For more info see its offcial site: www.morphological.geek.nz
Rather than starting a new web application by opening up a blank solution in Visual Studio, start with Morphfolia instead - you get a lot of capability out of the box that you can leverage quickly. If you like the ASP.NET MVC you may like Morphfolia - because
it makes extensive use of HttpHandlers it has a lot of the integration points available in the ASP.NET MVC Framework.
The following articles are published on http://morphological.wordpress.com:
Out-Of-The-Box Features / Capabilities
CMS / WCM (End User Features)
- Editing: content and page separation (for more flexible management and reuse of content).
- Human and Search engine friendly URLs
- Dynamic / auto generated site map
- Site Index (just like an index at the back of a text book).
- Tag-clouds auto filled based on content.
- Search engine, with “Google Suggests” type search preview as the search criteria is typed, including page count and word count.
- Web based admin section.
- Real-time Web Stats, including: traffic flow, Dashboards, ability to view individual session “history” and flow, search and export.
- Supports templates for layout, look and feel.
- File and Image Managers for uploading and management of files; auto generates thumbnail images for uploaded images.
- Basic WYSIWYG content editor, with Image Manager and File Manager integration.
- Also allows “forms” to be defined (at dev-time) for capturing data in a “form” rather than “open HTML” format via the WYSIWYG editor.
- User management; support for individual user logins across multiple directories.
- Audit logging
Framework (Developer Features)
- Purpose built to work in a hosted environment (where you don't have a lot of control over the box), with self-support functionality.
- Http Handler driven - page serving, indicative search results, line charts and pie charts, and more.
- Searchable administrator audit trail.
- Authentication via standard ASP.NET forms authentication.
- User / role support via standard ASP.NET System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider and System.Web.Profile.SqlProfileProvider
- Logging extensive and customizable system logging via Microsoft Enterprise Libraries 3.1; plus online search and extract facility.
- Performance logging via Microsoft Enterprise Libraries 3.1 Tracers.
- Abstracted data access, with a Microsoft SQL 2005 implementation (utilizing the Microsoft Enterprise Libraries data access block).
- Anti XSS provided via Microsoft AntiXSS library.
- XSS and SQL-Injection resistant.
- Multiple integration points: supports (MVC like) HTTP Handlers and WebForms.
- Attribute driven templates and modules.
- Supports addition of templates without recompilation.
- Re-useable custom-property facility.
- Layered architecture.
- Small dependency footprint.
- Library of re-useable web controls (such as Tag-Cloud and Search Input).
- IT operational support pages, including dynamic ‘self documenting’ pages for appSettings and event ids.